Certified Occupational Therapist (COT) Salary
|Salary||$39,889 - $87,385|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$44,553 - $91,403|
|Hourly Rate||$25.91 - $47.50|
|Total Pay (||$44,553 - $91,403|
Job Description for Certified Occupational Therapist (COT)
- Test and evaluate patients' physical and mental abilities and analyze medical data to determine rehabilitation goals for patient.
- Help clients improve decision making, abstract reasoning, memory, sequencing, coordination and perceptual skills using computer programs.
- Select and recommend activities that will help individuals learn work and life-management skills consistent with their needs and capabilities.
- Consult with rehabilitation team to select activity programs and coordinate with other therapeutic activities.
- Record prognosis, treatment, response and progress in patient's chart or computer database.
Pay by Experience Level for Certified Occupational Therapist (COT)
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
The average inexperienced worker earns $57K, and someone who has worked for five to 10 years can expect a bigger median salary of $58K. Certified Occupational Therapists see a median salary of $69K after reaching one to two decades on the job. Survey participants with more than twenty years of experience only make around $61K on average, though; this group reports a lower median than the one claimed by mid-career individuals.
Key Stats for Certified Occupational Therapist (COT)