Certified Orthotist (CO) Salary
With three in five of Certified Orthotists in the United States reporting more than 10 years of experience, the field is heavily weighted toward experienced professionals. Average pay for Certified Orthotists is $60K per year and can range from $36K on the lower end to $83K per year near the higher end. A large number enjoy medical while more than two-fifths get dental coverage. Vision coverage is also available to approximately one-third. Work is reasonably fulfilling for most Certified Orthotists — the majority report average levels of job satisfaction. The majority of Certified Orthotists (69 percent) survey respondents are male. The information for this snapshot was generated by responses to the PayScale salary survey.
Job Description for Certified Orthotist (CO)
- Fit, test and evaluate devices on patients and make adjustments for proper fit, function and comfort.
- Design orthotic devices or braces, based on physicians' prescription and examination and measurement of patient.
- Supervise and train staff who are constructing the appliances.
- Confer with physicians in order to formulate specifications for orthopedic devices.
- Maintain patients' records.
Common Career Paths for Certified Orthotist (CO)
Orthotist Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Certified Orthotist (CO)
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Certified Orthotists with a rich background of experience are typically rewarded with larger paychecks. Relatively untried employees who have fewer than five years of experience earn around $46K on average. People who have worked for five to 10 years can expect a higher median salary of $57K. On average, Certified Orthotists make $70K following one to two decades on the job. People who have worked for more than 20 years report a median income no higher than the median for folks with 10 to 20 years of experience.