Chief Privacy & Security Officer Salary
Job Description for Chief Privacy & Security Officer
Chief privacy and security officers are responsible for the overall security and privacy of a company. These directors must have a strong background in risk management with the ability to recognize and remedy security and privacy breaches, and they are also responsible for overseeing a team which implements security and privacy procedures.Read More...
Chief privacy and security officers must ensure that the company complies with all federal, state, and local security and privacy laws, so knowledge of these laws is necessary to make appropriate changes and maintain compliance at all times. They typically report to the company’s board of directors, CEO, or other high-ranking officials, and when reporting to supervisors they must provide overviews of the company’s current progress and review any items which require adjustment. These directors may also be responsible for auditing the company’s information for breaches or soft areas which must be rectified, as well as creating and reviewing third-party contracts for the company.
A bachelor’s degree in law, information technology, business administration, or a related field, at least five years of relevant experience, managerial experience, and a proven track record in security and privacy are generally required for this position, and some employers may require a master’s degree, certifications, and at least eight years of relevant experience.
Chief Privacy & Security Officer Tasks
- Develop and implement company security policies and procedures, and design methods for determining the success of security measures.
- Supervise security personnel employed by the company and outside vendors hired to provide security services.
- Plan how to respond to and investigate security breaches, and maintain relationships with law enforcement authorities.
- Maintain the security of company facilities, personnel, and sensitive data.
- Advise company management on security, and propose strategies for improving company security.