The average Entry-Level Clinical Psychologist earns approximately $68K per year. Job satisfaction is high and work is enjoyable for most Entry-Level Clinical Psychologists. Men are in the minority of survey respondents, with female Entry-Level Clinical Psychologists making up 71 percent. A fair number enjoy medical while a majority get dental coverage. Vision coverage is also available to more than two-fifths. This overview is based on answers to PayScale's salary questionnaire.

$41,526 - $90,965
(Median)
$42K
$68K
$91K
MEDIAN: $67,935
10%
50%
90%

Add this chart to your site: 640px    300px

$13.64 - $91.79
(Median)
$14
$36
$92
MEDIAN: $35.00
10%
50%
90%

Add this chart to your site: 640px    300px

National Salary Data (?
XAll compensation data shown are gross 10th to 90th percentile ranges. Take the PayScale Survey to find out how location influences pay for this job.
)
$0$33K$66K$99K
Salary
$41,526 - $90,965  
   
Bonus
$0.00 - $10,132  
Profit Sharing
$4,000  
Total Pay (?
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).
)
$40,774 - $97,712  
Country: United States | Currency: USD | Updated: 28 Oct 2016 | Individuals Reporting: 722
National Hourly Rate Data (?
XAll compensation data shown are gross 10th to 90th percentile ranges. Take the PayScale Survey to find out how location influences pay for this job.
)
$0$50$100$150
Hourly Rate
$13.64 - $91.79  
   
Hourly Tips
$5.77  
Overtime
$0.00 - $120.80  
National Annualized Data (?
XAll compensation data shown are gross 10th to 90th percentile ranges. Take the PayScale Survey to find out how location influences pay for this job.
)
$0$100K$200K$300K
Bonus
$0.00 - $10,132  
   
Profit Sharing
$4,000  
Total Pay (?
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).
)
$40,774 - $97,712  
Country: United States | Currency: USD | Updated: 28 Oct 2016 | Individuals Reporting: 107
United States (change)

Find Out Exactly What You Should Be Paid

United States (change)


Employers: Start Here »

Clinical Psychologist Job Listings

Search for more jobs:

Pay Difference by Location

National Average: $68,728

Larger city markers indicate a job is popular in that location.

For Entry-Level Clinical Psychologists, working in the bustling city of Seattle has its advantages, including an above-average pay rate. Entry-Level Clinical Psychologists will also find cushy salaries in San Francisco (+18 percent), Washington (+17 percent), Baltimore (+12 percent), and New York (+9 percent). Location is a huge contributor to overall pay, with Entry-Level Clinical Psychologists in Los Angeles earning a whopping 21 percent below the national average. Employers pay around 11 percent less in Dallas and 10 percent less in Chicago, below-median salaries for those in this field.

United States (change)

Find Out Exactly What You Should Be Paid

United States (change)


Employers: Start Here »

Skills That Affect Clinical Psychologist Salaries

pain management
up arrow 13%

Health and Wellness
up arrow 7%

Clinical Supervision
up arrow 6%

Clinical Research
up arrow 6%

Pediatrics
up arrow 5%

Clinical Psychology
up arrow 2%

Counseling
0%

National Average
$69,000

Eating Disorders
up arrow 2%

Forensic Psychology
up arrow 9%

Job Satisfaction

Extremely satisfied
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 49 votes.

Gender

Female
71 %
Male
29 %

Common Health Benefits

medical benefits
Medical: 79%
dental benefits
Dental: 59%
medical benefits
Vision: 44%
dental benefits
None: 20%
ADVERTISEMENT