Clinical Staff Pharmacist Salary
The average rate for a Clinical Staff Pharmacist is $52.99 per hour.
Job Description for Clinical Staff Pharmacist
Clinical staff pharmacists work primarily in hospitals and clinical environments and interact frequently with physicians and other medical providers. They typically work with physicians to ensure that certain medications are meeting patients' recovery goals and needs, and they may also provide advice to doctors to meet the goals established by the physician.Read More...
The ability to work well with others, solve problems, and communicate well are important in this position, and clinical staff pharmacists also work directly with patients in inpatient rounds and via consultations for outpatients. They must be knowledgeable of a variety of of diseases and medications prescribed for them, and are encouraged to stay up-to-date with all changes and developments in the field. They must also be able to recognize when problems are occurring with current medications or doses so that plans of care can be evaluated and modified if necessary.
Clinical staff pharmacists provide education to patients and caregivers regarding when and how to consume medicine, and public speaking skills are beneficial in this position to teach classes to nurses, pharmacy interns, and other medical personnel. This is usually a full-time position, and shifts may be long and carried out during daytime or nighttime hours. Weekend and holiday work may be common in some positions, and a doctorate degree in pharmacy is often required.
Clinical Staff Pharmacist Tasks
- Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Dispense and review prescriptions to ensure accuracy, and compliance with professional, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- May collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review and evaluate patient effectiveness.
- Educate patient on medication use, storage and side effects.
- Solicit information from patients regarding past and current medication to prevent drug interactions.
Clinical Pharmacist Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Clinical Staff Pharmacist
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Clinical Staff Pharmacist
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 5 votes.