Controls Engineer Salary
The average pay for a Controls Engineer is $73,233 per year. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 20 years in this career.
Job Description for Controls Engineer
Controls engineers work with rapidly evolving technologies and control systems; they can be involved in a wide number of projects from space flight to power grids. Responsibilities for this job can include developing and executing regular engineering processes, documenting work performed, working with program design and testing, and troubleshooting.Read More...
Controls engineers must be able to understand and use policies and procedures that are related to the field. In many positions, the controls engineer must be able to work well in a team setting; however, this position typically does not include supervisory responsibilities.
Controls engineers generally need a bachelor’s degree in engineering, as well as experience in a variety of programming languages and systems. A deep understanding of control logic and control processes is necessary, as is accuracy and attention to detail.
Controls Engineer Tasks
- Plan and perform work requiring electronic and mechanical theories and principles, and writing specifications.
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems.
- Work with the maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects.
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals.
Controls Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Employer Salaries for Controls Engineer
Popular Skills for Controls Engineer
Pay by Experience Level for Controls Engineer
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Controls Engineer Reviews
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Controls Engineer
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 303 votes.