Corporate Paralegal Salary
Job Description for Corporate Paralegal
Many large companies have a legal department staffed by attorneys who help ensure that the organization’s business, selling, and hiring practices all adhere to laws. These departments also represent the company in the event of any legal actions. A corporate paralegal typically works in this legal department to assist the attorneys with a variety of tasks.Read More...
Usually, the paralegal assumes office administrative tasks such as document drafting and categorization. The paralegal also helps perform research and assists with interviews and pre-interviews. The legal department uses the corporate paralegal to collate data and subsequently draft memos and reports to be used in defending the company’s best interests.
Corporate paralegals must be fluent in a variety of office computing software and are typically be expected to use and design spreadsheets for attorneys in the department. The paralegal also must be organized, as they may work with multiple attorneys dealing with a variety of simultaneous issues. The paralegal is expected to keep all data and information organized and must be able to produce this necessary documentation quickly on the demand. A corporate paralegal typically works regular business hours in an office environment.
A corporate paralegal typically doesn’t possess a legal degree or need to pass a bar exam. Instead, a person interested in employment in this field usually receives relevant education and certification from a technical or vocational school.
Corporate Paralegal Tasks
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions and legal articles, codes and documents.
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, maintain document file and file pleadings with court clerk.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts and real estate closing statements.
- Investigate facts and law of cases to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Assist lawyers by researching legal precedent, investigating facts or preparing legal documents.
Corporate Paralegal Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Corporate Paralegal
Pay by Experience Level for Corporate Paralegal
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.