Dental Assistant, Registered Expanded Function Salary
Women make up the vast majority of Registered Expanded Function Dental Assistants in the United States. The average pay in this industry is approximately $18.47 per hour. The majority of workers are highly satisfied with their job. Over a third enjoy medical while one-fourth get dental coverage. Vision coverage is also available to one in ten. This report is based on responses to the PayScale salary survey.
Job Description for Dental Assistant, Registered Expanded Function
- Fit preliminary crowns for adjustments, place temporary restorative material in teeth.
- Place and remove matrix retainers for alloy and composite restorations.
- Take impressions and bite registrations.
- Clean and polish coronal surfaces of teeth to remove stains, apply fluoride treatment.
- Assist dentist during dental treatment procedures.
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA) Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Dental Assistant, Registered Expanded Function
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
The average worker who claims fewer than five years of experience earns around $31K. In contrast, however, individuals who report five to 10 years in this occupation see a much larger median of $40K. People with 10 to 20 years of experience make an average of about $41K in this role. Folks with more than two decades of experience actually report lower incomes overall; their average comes out to a mere $39K.