Dietary Worker Salary
A Dietary Worker earns an average wage of $9.79 per hour.
Job Description for Dietary Worker
Dietary workers are responsible for assisting with food- and customer service-related tasks for their company. They are in charge of keeping all food service spaces clean and restocking supplies as needed. Some of their main responsibilities include operating the cash register, preparing simple food items and serving them as required. Dietary workers keep all shelves organized and clean as needed. Additionally, they are responsible for sweeping and mopping floors, sanitizing utensils, disposing of garbage and transporting food to other areas.Read More...
Dietary workers must have a basic knowledge of food allergies and keep items in different locations according to temperature recommendations. These professionals store deliveries in warehouse and freezer areas, and they strive to keep these areas clean. They report any malfunction in food equipment and other issues promptly to their manager. Additionally, they must follow all safety regulations to prevent food contamination.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position. In addition, previous experience in a food service position is generally required or preferred. Industry certification may be beneficial. Dietary workers must possess strong interpersonal, communication and multitasking skills. They should be able to meet the physical requirements for this position, such as standing for several hours at a time. Dietary workers need to work well in a team setting, as well as on their own with minimal supervision.
Dietary Worker Tasks
- Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines such as those for special diets are followed.
- Place food servings on plates and trays according to orders or instructions.
- Take food orders and relay orders to kitchens or serving counters so they can be filled.
- Prepare food items such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages.
- Stock service stations with items such as ice, napkins, and straws.
Dietary Worker Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Dietary Worker
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.