Director, Fitness & Wellness Salary
Just under three-fifths of Directors of Fitness & Wellness in the United States have been in the field for more than 10 years. Pay can fall anywhere from $31K to $77K per year, but median earnings come to around $53K per year. Most Directors of Fitness & Wellness like their work and job satisfaction is high. Women account for the majority of Directors of Fitness & Wellness who responded to the questionnaire — 61 percent to be exact. Almost all enjoy medical while a majority get dental coverage. Vision coverage is also available to the larger part. Respondents to the PayScale salary survey provided the data for this report.
Job Description for Director, Fitness & Wellness
- Manage the daily operation of programs and activities at a fitness center.
- Determine fitness center equipment requirements and oversee maintenance of equipment and the facilities.
- Handle administrative duties and manage the budget, payroll, and membership fees.
- Hire, train, and supervise staff and trainers, and coordinate staff schedules and tasks.
- Design and carry out fitness and wellness programs tailored to the needs of fitness center customers.
Wellness/Fitness Center Program Director Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Director, Fitness & Wellness
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Experience and pay tend to be weakly linked for Directors of Fitness & Wellness — those with more experience do not necessarily bring in higher earnings. Relatively untried employees who have less than five years' experience make $40K, but folks with five to 10 years under their belts enjoy an appreciably larger median of $52K. The average pay reported by folks with 10 to 20 years of experience is around $59K. Directors of Fitness & Wellness who have stuck around for more than two decades see earnings that are no higher than those of folks who have worked for 10 to 20 years.