Director, Research & Analytical Services Salary
The average salary for a Director, Research & Analytical Services is $102,210 per year. Experience has a moderate effect on pay for this job.
Job Description for Director, Research & Analytical Services
A director of research and analytical services has spent their educational and professional career studying how to improve processes within or for an organization; this could include, for example, helping determine how to improve political systems within a country. These directors typically hold doctoral degrees in a related field and have extensive job experience, which may include the publication of scholarly articles directly related to research and analytics.Read More...
This job title is not exactly the same across all job openings, but duties are often similar. An ideal candidate for this job holds project management certifications, job-related software familiarity, grant writing experience, and even multilingual skills. Examples of industries where directors work include all levels of government, higher education, and financial services. Work hours are typically during regular business hours, but overtime and/or alternative hours may be required depending on the needs of their employer. They typically work directly with upper management while supervising assistant researchers to carry out tasks.
Working as a director is an indoor office job that is sedentary at most, but requires high intellectual acumen. Directors of research and analytical services use software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional, and statistics software applications used for their industries; SPSS is an example of predictive analysis software.
Director, Research & Analytical Services Tasks
- Oversee the development and implementation of new research and analytical tools and processes.
- Establish strong partnerships with clients to determine and meet their research and analysis needs.
- Supervise, train, and direct research staff, and ensure the efficient use of personnel and resources.
- Monitor the quality of research and analysis, making improvements to processes when needed.
- Manage the creation of market research reports containing industry analysis, analysis of competitors, target markets, etc.
Director, Research & Analytical Services Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Director, Research & Analytical Services
Pay by Experience Level for Director, Research & Analytical Services
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.