Director of Managed Care Salary
The average pay for a Director of Managed Care is $104,058 per year.
Job Description for Director of Managed Care
The director of managed care is the person in a healthcare facility who coordinates the activities and communications among managed care staff and the administration. This position can be found at a variety of healthcare facilities, including rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, senior assisted living centers, and hospitals.Read More...
This position is one that will typically work within an office environment and keep weekday, daytime hours, though some can work around the clock. This position generally requires a bachelor’s degree in a field related to public health, hospital administration, or business. It also includes several years of experience within the healthcare field, specifically within a management position. Direct knowledge and experience with HIPPA regulations and other relevant laws are also pertinent.
The director of managed care will have a number of responsibilities associated with their position, which can seem endless at times. Some typical duties will include coordinating projects among departments, maintaining the managed care department, maintaining contracts with various providers, negotiating various business contracts with hospitals and health care systems, negotiating contracts with health insurance companies, maintaining direct communication with various government agencies, maintaining accurate files regarding provider and purchaser contracts, analyzing the facility’s performance, analyzing the facility’s financial assets, promoting current services, and implementing all policies and procedures. This position requires a person with innate leadership skills and expert professional communication skills. This person should operate well under high-stress conditions and be extremely organized, paying high attention to details. The director of managed care should always maintain an optimistic professional attitude.
Director of Managed Care Tasks
- Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within contractual agreements.
- Assist in the developments of policies and procedures to adhere to the contractual agreements.
- Review financial statements, contract and fee reports, and other performance data to measure trends and goal achievement, determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Plan and direct the managed care program.
- Ensure services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
Managed Care Director Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Director of Managed Care
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.