Late-Career Director of Sales and Marketing Salary

Late-Career Directors of Sales and Marketing receive generous compensation — earning an average of $101K per year, their standard salaries shoot well into the six-figure range. Total cash compensation to Late-Career Directors of Sales and Marketing bottoms out near $61K and approaches $184K on the high end; the biggest paychecks include approximately $50K from bonuses and almost $20K from profit sharing. Most Late-Career Directors of Sales and Marketing like their work and job satisfaction is high. Male Late-Career Directors of Sales and Marketing are just a bit more common among those who completed the questionnaire than females ones, with male workers composing 51 percent of the field. A large number enjoy medical while the greater part get dental coverage. Vision coverage is also available to a little over a half. This report is based on responses to the PayScale salary survey.

$52,687 - $153,911
$53K
$100K
$150K
MEDIAN: $101,029
10%
50%
90%

Add this chart to your site: 640px    300px

$0$184K
Salary $52,687 - $153,911
Bonus $2,948 - $49,745
Profit Sharing $0.00 - $20,134
Commission $3,575 - $86,678
Total Pay (?
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).
)
$61,344 - $184,147
  • Country: United States
  • Currency: USD
  • Updated: 25 Jul 2017
  • Individuals Reporting: 351

Find Out Exactly What You Should Be Paid

United States (change)

Director of Sales and Marketing Job Listings

Pay Difference by Location

National Average: $116,147

Larger city markers indicate a job is popular in that location.

Home to some of the best pay for Late-Career Directors of Sales and Marketing, Nashua offers exceptional salaries, 40 percent above the national average. Late-Career Directors of Sales and Marketing will also find cushy salaries in San Jose (+38 percent), Dallas (+27 percent), New York (+26 percent), and Chicago (+26 percent). Location is a huge contributor to overall pay, with Late-Career Directors of Sales and Marketing in Scottsdale earning a whopping 52 percent below the national average. Employers also pay below the national average in Seattle (35 percent lower) and Berkeley (33 percent lower).

Key Stats for Director of Sales and Marketing

Gender

Female
49 %
Male
51 %

Job Satisfaction

Extremely satisfied
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 42 votes.
20 years or more
100%
ADVERTISEMENT
Location:
Years in Fields/Career:
United States (change)

Skills That Affect Director of Sales and Marketing Salaries

Strategic Planning
▲8%

Strategy
▲8%

National Average
$116,000

Strategic Marketing
▼1%

People Management
▼5%

Account Management
▼6%


Budget Management
▼8%

Strategic Sales
▼8%

Account Sales
▼8%


Marketing Management
▼15%

Sales
▼16%

Marketing Communications
▼18%


Advertising
▼21%

Job Satisfaction

Extremely satisfied
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 42 votes.

Gender

Female
49 %
Male
51 %

Common Health Benefits

medical benefits
Medical: 85%
dental benefits
Dental: 69%
vision benefits
Vision: 55%
no benefits
None: 13%
ADVERTISEMENT