Director of Youth and College Ministries Salary
A Director of Youth and College Ministries earns an average salary of $40,779 per year. Pay for this job rises steadily for more experienced workers, but goes down noticeably for the few employees with more than 20 years' experience. People in this job generally don't have more than 20 years' experience.
Job Description for Director of Youth and College Ministries
The director of youth and college ministries is a very unique position in the religious sector. You are primarily responsible for coordinating all activities of a particular church or a religiously affiliated college. You will be overseeing a number of religious practitioners, which could include priests and school chaplains. This director will also be working with school administration. You will work with toward increasing students’ understanding of their religion, as well as their learning in all aspects. You will also be responsible for these young adults to develop as people and grow into spiritual, moral adults.Read More...
There are various qualifications for this position depending on the location and facility that you will be working at. A bachelor's degree in theology is usually required, and a master’s degree in theology, pastoral ministry, or a related field is definitely preferred in some cases. You should also have experience in education. You must also be familiar with many computer programs in order coordinate events and website development. Finally, you should be strong in forming relationships with your subordinates, in addition to the children and young adults that you will be working with.
The job of director of youth and college ministries is a very important job for promoting the spiritual growth of tomorrow's adults. For the right person, this high level position can be a great and rewarding position.
Director of Youth and College Ministries Tasks
- Work to increase enrollment and participation in activities, and devise strategies to attract and retain students.
- Plan and direct worship services, group studies, activities, and service opportunities for students participating in the program.
- Manage the student ministry budget, and coordinate with directors to develop and carry out fundraising strategies.
- Lead and manage youth and college ministry programs under the direction of the head pastor and board of directors.
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide direction to program assistants and volunteers.
Director of Youth and College Ministries Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Director of Youth and College Ministries
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.