Drafter Civil Salary
The average Drafter Civil in the United States can expect to rake in roughly $16.81 per hour. Job satisfaction is high and work is enjoyable for most Drafter Civils. The vast majority of Drafter Civils (86 percent) survey respondents are men. Not all workers are lucky enough to have benefits; in fact, nearly one-third are without coverage. Medical insurance is claimed by a majority and dental insurance is reported by a little more than half. The data for this snapshot was collected from individuals who took PayScale's salary survey.
Job Description for Drafter Civil
- Log work orders into database and distribute and file work order folders daily.
- Coordinate work order process with construction supervisors, engineers and property accounting.
- Prepare layouts, drawings and designs according to engineering specifications using software.
- Accurately post closed work orders to the master design files.
- Review engineering drawings and supporting documentation to verify adherence to standard practices.
Architectural Drafter Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Drafter Civil
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Experience is an important factor influencing the compensation of Drafter Civils. The average inexperienced worker's salary is approximately $35K, and people with five to 10 years of experience bring in more at around $39K on average. Drafter Civils with one to two decades of relevant experience report an average salary of approximately $53K. Individuals who report more than two decades of experience seem to make only slightly more than folks in the 10-to-20 year range; the more senior group sees median earnings in the comparatively modest ballpark of $56K.