Employment Counselor Salary
Job Description for Employment Counselor
- Assist candidates with developing appropriate social skills and work habits.
- Work with case management staff to develop integrated employment model.
- Guide candidates through employment process, assisting with all facets of job search, placement and employment.
- Generate interest in employment among candidates.
- Conduct training on topics which may include soft skills and resume writing.
Vocational Employment Counselor Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Employment Counselor
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
For Employment Counselors, more experience in the field does not usually mean bigger paychecks. Average salaries for inexperienced employees average out to around $35K, but folks who have five to 10 years of experience earn a higher median of $37K. On average, Employment Counselors make $44K following one to two decades on the job. Veterans who have surpassed the 20-year mark may make only slightly more than those who are navigating the mid-career stage; the more senior group reports median earnings of around $46K.