Employment Recruiter Salary
Most Employment Recruiters in the United States are women. The median pay for people in this role is approximately $14.00 per hour. While about one in four report receiving no health benefits, a strong majority do receive medical coverage, and a majority have dental, as well. This report is based on answers to PayScale's salary questionnaire.
Job Description for Employment Recruiter
An employment recruiter is a person who helps to identify and lure qualified workers to work at the company the recruiter is employed by. Recruiters can work as part of a dedicated employment recruiting firm, or he or she can simply be part of a human resources department at a larger corporation. The recruiter helps to find and contact qualified workers, and he or she will often perform preliminary interviews and administer any screening tests that are required.Read More...
Typically, the recruiter works with team leads and executives within the company. These individuals will normally assess staffing and personnel needs and provide the recruiter with descriptions of the jobs to be filled. The employment recruiter then uses a variety of methods to seek out new employees. These methods can be conventional, such as placing ads on the internet via job search sites. The recruiter may need to be creative, however, and utilize personal networks and creative one-on-one approaches.
To work as an employment recruiter, a person typically will need at least an associate's or bachelor's degree in human resources, business psychology, or a related discipline. Most recruiters work in an office environment, but the interviewing and acquisition of new employees typically requires field work and travel as well. (Copyright 2017 PayScale.com)
Employment Recruiter Tasks
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as necessary.
- May be involved in writing and placing advertising for open positions in publications; online and print.
- Source, screen and interview applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills for open positions; may utilize ATS.