Executive - Network Management & IT Security Salary
The average salary for an Executive - Network Management & IT Security is $90,259 per year. A skill in IT Security & Infrastructure is associated with high pay for this job.
Job Description for Executive - Network Management & IT Security
An executive in network management and IT security is a senior manager who oversees implementation of networks and related security within a company. The position also involves devising a plan for network infrastructure and modifying it as necessary.Read More...
These executives must make sure that company electronics such as computer systems and mobile phones are able to connect to company networks securely and efficiently. They may oversee a group of IT specialists in a company who carry out tasks such as setting up and maintaining networks and troubleshooting them when problems arise.
Another important role these executives may have is making sure the company has a functioning system to adequately back up data. They must stay up-to-date with new developments in order to continuously provide the best and most secure network, hardware, and software possible. Another important part of the job is choosing an anti-virus system and implementing it throughout the network.
Those in this position must also ensure that employees are up-to-date in training, and may have to devise lesson plans for this training. Because this is a management position, applicants will usually have to prove many years of experience in the field. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an information technology-related field is usually required, and some positions require a Master’s degree.
Executive - Network Management & IT Security Tasks
- Act as resource for security technical information and problem solving.
- Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities of a department/group/team.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate internal information technology security, including technology, software, policies, application security, access control, and corporate data safeguards.
- Hire, review, and fire non-management employees.
- Work with senior management to design and implement security master plan.