Field Engineer Salary
Job Description for Field Engineer
A field engineer's responsibilities are highly specialized to the profession. They must have a comprehensive understanding of technological services and the specific machines and mechanisms of the company, as much of the position requires installing, replacing, or providing maintenance on these machines. A field engineer has a mobile job, meaning that the individual will travel often to different locations to identify weak areas in the mechanisms used across the company, report these to an administrative official, and repair or replace parts needed as necessary. In addition, a master field engineer must be able to work with other engineers in order to design modifications, changes, or additions to current machines and mechanisms so that maximum efficiency, safety, and durability can be achieved. Field engineers may also verify prototypes of products, develop test programs and procedures for the technology that they work on, and examine products for design flaws.Read More...
Because the work of a field engineer is so specialized, an education in the engineering field and previous experience are crucial to the position. Most positions require at least a bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field from an accredited university and a vast amount of work experience in the field; five to eight years of experience is typical for a newly hired field engineer. The daily tasks of a field engineer include examining technology of the company and composing formal reports of this technology, and finding flaws and weak areas in order to avoid setbacks or safety hazards.
Field Engineer Tasks
- Provide technical support for projects including design, installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation and operation of systems.
- Analyze system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine project recommendations.
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, products, and systems to ensure accordance to specifications, safety standards, and quality standards.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve instruments, electronic components, equipment or systems.
- Offer technical, operational, and administrative information, and resolution of technical issues to customers and staff.
Field Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Employer Salaries for Field Engineer
Popular Skills for Field Engineer
Pay by Experience Level for Field Engineer
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Field Engineer Reviews
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Field Engineer
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 211 votes.