Field Sales Engineer Salary
Job Description for Field Sales Engineer
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Create sales or service contracts for products or services by cold calling or through sales leads.
- Responsible for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
Field Sales Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Field Sales Engineer
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Field Sales Engineers generally obtain higher compensation for more plentiful past experience. Workers with less than five years' experience earn around $83K on average, and those who have five to 10 years under their belts see a higher median salary of $87K. Field Sales Engineers bring in $90K after working for 10 to 20 years. Professionals who have racked up more than two decades of experience enjoy comfortable salaries; at this stage, median wages are a cushy $125K.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Field Sales Engineer
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 7 votes.