Field Sales Engineer Salary
Job Description for Field Sales Engineer
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Create sales or service contracts for products or services by cold calling or through sales leads.
- Responsible for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
Field Sales Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Field Sales Engineer
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Field Sales Engineers who reported more years of relevant experience also reported higher earnings. Workers with less than five years' experience earn around $80K on average, and those who have five to 10 years under their belts see a higher median salary of $88K. For Field Sales Engineers, 10 to 20 years of experience on the job amounts to an average salary of $89K. Old hands who claim more than two decades on the job enjoy average earnings of $125K.