Food Preparation Worker Salary
|Hourly Rate||$7.97 - $12.70|
|Hourly Tips||$0.00 - $2.47|
|Overtime||$5.43 - $19.63|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$16,619 - $29,362|
Job Description for Food Preparation Worker
- Prepare foods according to standards and guidelines.
- Receive and inventory ingredients, goods, and foods.
- Perform daily tasks like wrapping silverware, washing dishes, and moving trays.
- Set up work stations and lay out plates with finished foods.
- Ensure a clean and sanitary work area.
Pay by Experience Level for Food Preparation Worker
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Those in the early stages of their career can expect to make around $21K; however, individuals with five to 10 years of experience bring in $22K on average — a distinctly larger sum. Food Preparation Workers see a median salary of $23K after reaching one to two decades on the job. Folks who have racked up more than 20 years in the field report incomes that aren't higher than less experienced individuals' earnings.
Key Stats for Food Preparation Worker
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 21 votes.