Glass Technician Salary
Men make up the majority of Glass Technicians in the United States, and the nationwide average salary in this area lies in the neighborhood of $14.98 per hour. Most workers in this position report high levels of job satisfaction. Some workers in this field — just over two-fifths — are not awarded benefits. Medical coverage is reported by slightly more than half and dental plans are enjoyed by roughly a third. The numbers in this rundown were provided by PayScale's salary survey participants.
Job Description for Glass Technician
- Verify and check parts before beginning repair.
- Install replacement glass in vehicles after removing damaged parts
- Prepare installation by marking outlines or patterns and cutting glass.
- Prepare and prime vehicle by removing debris from glass and window edges
- Inspect work to ensure the vehicle is delivered with a fit and finish equal or superior to the original factory fit and finish.
Auto Glass Technician Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Glass Technician
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Those in the early stages of their career can expect to make around $29K; however, individuals with five to 10 years of experience bring in $40K on average — a distinctly larger sum. After working for 10 to 20 years, Glass Technicians make a median salary of $37K. Glass Technicians who have spent more than 20 years on the job report earning a significantly higher median of $40K.
Key Stats for Glass Technician
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 5 votes.