Home Health/Hospice Administrator Salary
The average pay for a Home Health/Hospice Administrator is $74,922 per year.
Job Description for Home Health/Hospice Administrator
Home health/hospice administrators oversee services that are provided to patients in their last stages of life, and their family members. This is a leadership position, so management duties are necessary to oversee nurses, aides, activity instructors, kitchen staff, and facility maintenance personnel. They must ensure that all duties are carried out in a caring manner that adheres to local and federal laws and guidelines, and patient care and policies and procedures should be improved continuously with the help of doctors and nurses.Read More...
These administrators must enure that the facilities are clean, attractive, and free of hazards at all times, and good customer service skills are necessary to provide tours to prospective patients and their caregivers and offer consultation as time goes on. It is important to be professional, but also empathetic and caring in difficult times for families, and they may also be responsible for overseeing a budget and allocating funds. Research may be necessary to determine trends in the field and problems and solutions, and they also craft business development goals and marketing plans and handle other financial and accounting duties. A college degree in business, health care, or nursing is generally required for this position, and prior administrative experience may also be required by some employers.
Home Health/Hospice Administrator Tasks
- Check patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
- Maintain records of patient care, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Change bed linens, wash and iron patients' laundry, and clean patients' quarters.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
Home Health/Hospice Administrator Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Home Health/Hospice Administrator
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.