Home Health Assistant Salary
The average pay for a Home Health Assistant is $19.75 per hour. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 20 years in this career. Experience strongly influences income for this job.
$7.75 - $36.92
© PayScale, Inc. @ www.payscale.com
|Hourly Rate||$7.75 - $36.92|
|Total Pay (||$15,958 - $76,180|
Job Description for Home Health Assistant
- Change bed linens, wash and iron patients' laundry, and clean patients' quarters.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
Key Stats for Home Health Assistant