Human Resources (HR) Recruiter Salary
Job Description for Human Resources (HR) Recruiter
A human resources (HR) recruiter oversees an organization's recruiting process. The HR recruiter handles the hiring process from beginning to end; they are responsible for advertising, posting job requisitions, qualifying and interviewing applicants, and filling out all employment paperwork. The HR recruiter sets up interviews and facilitates the interview process, as well as hires and (if needed) terminates employees.Read More...
HR recruiters must have a strong knowledge of recruiting software such as Taleo and must have strong communication skills. They write and post job openings, organize appearances at job fairs, and handle any incoming job inquiries. HR recruiters must be knowledgeable in state and federal employment guidelines; they must fill out and properly file all mandatory paperwork. HR recruiters should be very organized, as they compile calendars, tracking systems, and reports dealing with employment and turnover rates. HR recruiters must know their company's policies and its required paperwork. They must let newly hired employees know what training they will need, details on insurance and benefits, and pay.
Many companies look for a bachelor’s degree in human resources; however, a degree is not always required. Companies expect HR recruiters to be well versed in Microsoft Office. HR recruiters typically work in an office setting during regular business hours, although they may work evenings or weekends for events such as job fairs.
Human Resources (HR) Recruiter Tasks
- May be involved in writing and placing advertising for open positions in publications; online and print.
- Source, screen and interview applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills for open positions; may utilize ATS.
- Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
Employment Recruiter Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Human Resources (HR) Recruiter
Pay by Experience Level for Human Resources (HR) Recruiter
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Human Resources (HR) Recruiter
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 82 votes.