The industrial production manager is in charge of the team of people who have involvement in the manufacturing process. They oversee and must make sure that the production is meeting the quality standards that have been set. A production manager is also in charge of assuring that every project stays within the budget limit that was allowed. To remain in budget while still providing quality production, the manager at times must create new ways to utilize what resources have been provided. Some of the responsibilities this person will carry are to accurately budget spending and to approve the necessary supplies. The manager must also know when to change things when limits are nearing. Another management task is to do the schedule setting and hand out the assignments to the workers. Managers will be required to hire and train all new employees. Other duties will be making sure that every member of the team is following the rules and regulations enforced for safety reasons. A manager will be required to monitor the production while breaking it down and trying to figure out if there are ways save steps that may save time. The most important thing a industrial production manager must do is always try to see what is needed or is not needed in order to save on costs. Cost control will be a very important factor in a career as a production manager. The manager becomes a great asset to a company when cost prices drop if production maintains the same quality of work.
Industrial Production Manager Tasks
- Supervise workers, assign tasks, and evaluate the performance of employees.
- Oversee a section of the production cycle, and ensure products meet quality standards and expenses remain within budget.
- Work with company managers to establish and implement company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate workers and equipment to maximize efficiency and reach production targets.
- Communicate with logistics and sales managers to receive orders and manage inventory.