Labor Relations Manager Salary
A Labor Relations Manager earns an average salary of $88,607 per year. Skills that are associated with high pay for this job are Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Word.
Job Description for Labor Relations Manager
A labor relations manager works to ensure good relationships between the management of a company and the company’s employees. The labor relations manager will help to establish and develop policies and practices that relate to labor relations within a company. The manager will come up with goals that need to be achieved within a time period.Read More...
Research skills are necessary, in order to be able to obtain data relating to wage information and human resources. When the employees have a dispute against the company, the labor relations manager will step in for negotiations, in order to restore good relationships between the employees and the company. This may include being present for events such as arbitration and strikes, in order to help the company to maintain a good position. However, the labor relations manager should prevent any potential problems before they become an issue. The manager will often have a budget that needs to be noted, so it is important to have bargaining skills.
The labor relations manager should be familiar with various labor laws and be able to understand various contracts, in order to advise upper management. A bachelor’s degree or higher in human resources is often necessary. This is usually a position that requires experience.
Labor Relations Manager Tasks
- Manage training, compliance, and responses for legal labor management compliance.
- Manage the selection, training and development of labor relations staff.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees on human resource practices to maintain a positive labor relations environment.
- Oversee fact-finding process and investigations of site grievances and employee disciplinary issues.
- Facilitates grievance dispute resolution, tracks and monitors grievance trends and proactively advises managers on possible resolutions to issues.
Labor Relations Manager Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Labor Relations Manager
Pay by Experience Level for Labor Relations Manager
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Labor Relations Manager
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 20 votes.