Loan Counselor Salary
The average pay for a Loan Counselor is $14.40 per hour. Most people move on to other jobs if they have more than 10 years' experience in this field.
$11.03 - $18.33
|Hourly Rate||$11.03 - $18.33|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$24,575 - $41,539|
Job Description for Loan Counselor
- Counsel individuals struggling to pay loans or individuals who do not meet the prerequisites for traditional loans.
- Analyze applicants' current and past financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine possibility and ease of granting loans.
- Service low risk and pre-foreclosure accounts and approve loans with specified limits.
- Refinance outstanding balance and negotiate repayment plans with the lender to avoid the borrower defaulting on the loan.
- Calculate amount of debt and available funds in order to decide amount of monthly payments and length of payment plans.
Loan Counselor Job Listings
Key Stats for Loan Counselor
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 2 votes.