Mailroom Supervisor Salary
The average pay for a Mailroom Supervisor is $15.89 per hour.
Job Description for Mailroom Supervisor
Mailroom supervisors oversee work activities within a mailroom and also train new mail employees. They must be able to sort and place mail in the correct locations for mailmen to deliver, and they also process outgoing shipments and reorder office supplies whenever necessary. Many mailroom supervisors also add postage to packages to be delivered and scan and make copies of items that customers need to mail.Read More...
Communication and multitasking skills are important in this position, and computer skills may also be necessary to label and mark packages and send them to the correct destinations. There can be stress and fast-paced moving in this position, and the ability to work well under pressure is highly beneficial. They may also be responsible for keeping the work area clean to avoid accidents in the workplace. A high school diploma or equivalent is often a minimum requirement for this position, and some management experience may also be required by some employers. They must also be able to work well on teams.
Mailroom Supervisor Tasks
- Supervise mailroom staff, evaluating, and setting schedules.
- Evaluate and choose outgoing mail service providers and appropriate packaging for delivery.
- Develop, improve, and disseminate department analytics.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, standardizing the process for all staff.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure postage, packing supplies, and other goods are available and competitively priced.
Mailroom Supervisor Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Mailroom Supervisor
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Key Stats for Mailroom Supervisor
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 28 votes.