Medical Coding Technician Salary
The average rate for a Medical Coding Technician is $14.48 per hour. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 10 years in this career.
$10.19 - $27.44
|Hourly Rate||$10.19 - $27.44|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$21,330 - $65,362|
Job Description for Medical Coding Technician
- Compile, abstract and maintain patient medical records to document condition and treatment.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Release information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Identify, compile and code patient data, using ICD-9-CM and CPT and other standard classification coding systems.