Medical Coding Technician Salary
The average rate for a Medical Coding Technician is $15.48 per hour. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 10 years in this career.
$10.25 - $23.57
Job Description for Medical Coding Technician
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Identify, compile and code patient data, using ICD-9-CM and CPT and other standard classification coding systems.
- Enter data, such as history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures and treatment into computer database.
- Compile, abstract and maintain patient medical records to document condition and treatment.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.