Medical Director, General Surgery Salary
Men account for the majority of Medical Directors of General Surgery in the United States. The overall average income for this group is approximately $250K per year. Some workers in this field — nearly one in four — are not awarded benefits. Medical coverage is reported by a fair number and dental plans are enjoyed by close to one-half. Most Medical Directors of General Surgery are fairly content with their jobs, and work satisfaction falls in line with the national average. This report is based on answers to PayScale's salary questionnaire.
Job Description for Medical Director, General Surgery
- Manage and oversee daily clinical and administrative operations.
- Attend and present at meetings with other departments and area groups and agencies.
- Provide patient care and follow up services, including assessing patient care plans.
- Develop and implement behavioral health and recovery services and systems.
- Develop, evaluate, approve and revise clinical policy and protocols.
Medical Director, Medicine Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Medical Director, General Surgery
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Survey participants with less than five years' experience pocket $170K on average, but those with five to 10 years of experience enjoy a much bigger median of $246K. People with 10 to 20 years of experience make an average of about $305K in this role. Survey respondents who have worked for more than 20 years actually report somewhat lower incomes of $285K.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Medical Director, General Surgery
Rated 3 out of 5
based on 2 votes.