Medical Radiation Technologist Salary
A Medical Radiation Technologist earns an average wage of $21.75 per hour.
Job Description for Medical Radiation Technologist
- Monitor video display of area being scanned and adjust density or contrast to improve picture quality.
- Review and evaluate film and images to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Explain process and position patient for scan; adjusting restriction devices; moving and adjusting equipment to set exposure factors.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices for government regulations and patient safety.
- As a trained technologist, operate radiology equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes under direction of a physician.