Mine Engineer Salary
A Mine Engineer earns an average salary of $74,003 per year. Pay for this job does not change much by experience, with the most experienced earning only a bit more than the least. People in this job generally don't have more than 20 years' experience.
Job Description for Mine Engineer
Mine engineers work primarily for mining companies and provide technical support and directions for their operations. They also provide estimates relevant to mining construction and are involved with capital/expense projects and equipment selection for the company's mining operations.Read More...
Mine engineers may be involved in the customizing, troubleshooting, upgrading, and even rebuilding of mining equipment and should decide when machinery must be replaced. They work directly with both equipment vendors and mining operations managers, and may serve as liaisons between co-workers and vendors in order to clarify what is needed in non-technical terms. Leadership and interpersonal skills are important in this position, and strong verbal and written communication skills are also beneficial.
These engineers must be able to work independently with minimal or no supervision, as well as in a team environment. Computer skills may be required in order to use various programs and software, and a bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering field is generally required by employers. They must always follow MSHA and OSHA regulations and are encouraged to attend classes, workshops, and conferences relevant to their field. Mine engineers should be flexible in order to travel for their jobs and must be comfortable working underground. They may sometimes be away from their families for extended periods of time, as well.
Mine Engineer Tasks
- Design mine schematics using AutoCAD software to enable secure, efficient natural resource removal.
- Assist with the planning and execution of closing and filling an exhausted mine.
- Offer technical and engineering support to management, fellow engineers, upper level staff, and mining equipment.
- Supervise mine construction from beginning to end, creating computer models of mining sites to mitigate risk and plan layout.
- Perform intensive research into sustainability, environmental impact, and feasibility of the mining operation.
Mine Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Mine Engineer
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 5 votes.