Natural Sciences Manager Salary
A Natural Sciences Manager earns an average salary of $66,000 per year.
Job Description for Natural Sciences Manager
Natural sciences managers develop plans for research and oversee the work of scientists, such as chemists and biologists. The projects overseen may be provided by the employer or an outside client, such as a business or government entity. These managers must ensure that laboratory operations are carried out in a safe manner that adheres to standards and regulations, and also perform quality control measures to ensure that work is carried out correctly.Read More...
There may be time constraints for certain projects, so organizational and time-management skills are important in this position. These managers usually have an office, but may spend a great deal of time in the field or a laboratory overseeing the work of scientists. They may need to create logs and records of work that has been done, as well as fulfill inventory duties to ensure that supplies are available at any given time. There may also be a budget to be met and overseen.
Basic management duties such as hiring and firing, administering employee evaluations, and carrying out payroll duties may be necessary, and strong communication and leadership skills are essential in this position. A bachelor’s degree in natural science may be a minimum requirement for this position, and a higher degree is preferred for some positions.
Natural Sciences Manager Tasks
- Oversee and facilitate staff conducting and publicizing scientific work.
- Present and explain proposals, findings, processes, obstacles and publications.
- Direct hiring and training of staff and selection of appropriate organizational technologies.
- Participate in and guide project proposal writing, including problem and product analysis.
- Communicate, update and monitor scientific and budget goals.
Natural Sciences Manager Job Listings
Key Stats for Natural Sciences Manager