Orthotic/Prosthetic Practitioner Salary
The average pay for an Orthotic/Prosthetic Practitioner is $53,926 per year. Most people move on to other jobs if they have more than 10 years' experience in this career.
Job Description for Orthotic/Prosthetic Practitioner
- Confer with physicians in order to formulate specifications for orthopedic or prosthetic devices.
- Repair, rebuild and modify prosthetic and orthopedic appliances.
- Instruct patients in the use and care of orthoses and prostheses.
- Design orthopedic and prosthetic devices, based on physicians' prescription and examination and measurement of patient.
- Make and modify plaster casts of areas that will be fitted with prosthesis, selecting materials to be used.