Outpatient Coding Specialist Salary
An Outpatient Coding Specialist earns an average wage of $18.89 per hour. People in this job generally don't have more than 10 years' experience.
$13.38 - $27.84
Job Description for Outpatient Coding Specialist
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Identify, compile and code patient data, using ICD-9-CM and CPT and other standard classification coding systems.
- Enter data, such as history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures and treatment into computer database.
- Compile, abstract and maintain patient medical records to document condition and treatment.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
Medical Coding Specialist Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Key Stats for Outpatient Coding Specialist
Rated 3 out of 5
based on 3 votes.