Outpatient Scheduler Salary
Job Description for Outpatient Scheduler
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Medical Scheduler Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Outpatient Scheduler
Survey results imply that Outpatient Schedulers put a diverse skill set to use. Most notably, skills in Medical Terminology, Customer Service, Electronic Medical Records, and Scheduling are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that are correlated to lower pay, on the other hand, include Insurance and Scheduling. The majority of those who know Customer Service also know Insurance.
Pay by Experience Level for Outpatient Scheduler
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Those in the early stages of their career can expect to make around $28K; however, individuals with five to 10 years of experience bring in $32K on average — a distinctly larger sum. Outpatient Schedulers see a median salary of $31K after reaching one to two decades on the job. Old hands who claim more than two decades on the job enjoy average earnings of $34K.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Outpatient Scheduler
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 13 votes.