Outpatient Scheduler Salary
Job Description for Outpatient Scheduler
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
Medical Scheduler Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Outpatient Scheduler
Typical Outpatient Schedulers report a focused set of job skills. Most notably, skills in Medical Terminology, Electronic Medical Records, Customer Service, and Scheduling are correlated to pay that is above average. At the other end of the pay range are skills like Insurance and Scheduling. Those familiar with Customer Service also tend to know Insurance.
Pay by Experience Level for Outpatient Scheduler
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
For Outpatient Schedulers, experience does not seem to be a major factor in determining pay. Respondents with less than five years' experience take home $28K on average. In contrast, those who have been around for five to 10 years earn a noticeably higher average of $32K. On average, Outpatient Schedulers make $32K following one to two decades on the job. In the end, the overall pattern seems to be that more experience generally corresponds to higher pay; an Outpatient Scheduler with more than 20 years of experience can earn $34K on average.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Outpatient Scheduler
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 11 votes.