Outpatient Surgery Scheduler Salary
The larger portion of Outpatient Surgery Schedulers in the United States are women. Median pay in this female-dominated area goes for around $16.63 per hour. Job satisfaction is high and work is enjoyable for most Outpatient Surgery Schedulers. Medical benefits are awarded to a fair number, and more than two-fifths earn dental coverage. This overview is based on answers to PayScale's salary questionnaire.
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$26,122 - $44,290|
|Hourly Rate||$12.31 - $21.16|
|Total Pay (||$26,122 - $44,290|
Job Description for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Common Career Paths for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
Medical Scheduler Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Relatively untried employees who have fewer than five years of experience earn around $32K on average. People who have worked for five to 10 years can expect a higher median salary of $34K. Outpatient Surgery Schedulers with one to two decades of relevant experience report an average salary of approximately $38K. Outpatient Surgery Schedulers who claim more than two decades of experience actually make somewhat smaller average paychecks of $36K.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 14 votes.