Outpatient Surgery Scheduler Salary
Women account for the majority of Outpatient Surgery Schedulers in the United States. The entire group has an average salary of $16.14 per hour. Although a fair number have medical coverage and more than two-fifths have dental coverage, close to a fifth claim no health benefits at all. Job satisfaction is high and work is enjoyable for most Outpatient Surgery Schedulers.
Job Description for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Medical Scheduler Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
The average inexperienced worker earns $31K, and someone who has worked for five to 10 years can expect a bigger median salary of $33K. Outpatient Surgery Schedulers bring in $37K after working for 10 to 20 years. Outpatient Surgery Schedulers who have stuck around for more than two decades see earnings that are no higher than those of folks who have worked for 10 to 20 years.