Outpatient Surgery Scheduler Salary
Most Outpatient Surgery Schedulers in the United States are women. The median pay for people in this role is approximately $16.76 per hour. Job satisfaction is reported as high by the vast majority of workers. A fair number report receiving medical coverage from their employers and more than two-fifths collect dental insurance. This snapshot results from replies to PayScale's salary survey.
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$25,598 - $44,588|
|Hourly Rate||$12.08 - $21.29|
|Total Pay (||$25,598 - $44,588|
Job Description for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Common Career Paths for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
Pay by Experience Level for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Those who have worked for fewer than five years take home a median salary of $32K, and workers with five to 10 years of experience earn a higher $34K on average. Outpatient Surgery Schedulers claiming one to two decades of experience make an estimated median of $38K. Respondents who boast more than two decades on the job don't boast commensurate pay, unfortunately; these veterans see average earnings of only $36K.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Outpatient Surgery Scheduler
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 13 votes.