Paraeducator (K-12) Salary
Job Description for Paraeducator (K-12)
Para-educators (K-12) should have at least an associate's degree and one year of experience working with children who suffer from a variety of learning, behavioral, and medical disabilities. To succeed in this position, they must have a calm and patient demeanor in order to handle a variety of unforeseen circumstances and should also be able to think quickly on their feet.Read More...
Para-educators generally assist a primary teacher to maintain a safe and productive learning environment for their students. They work with students one-on-one to assist with schoolwork as well as homework while school is in session. They may work with teachers of kindergarten, elementary, junior, or high school, and should be able to adapt to a variety of teaching styles for different age-ranges. In addition to assisting teachers in the classroom, para-educators work closely with individual students to help them progress and overcome their disabilities.
Some para-educators operate between different schools and classrooms, which typically depends on the school districts' needs. In these cases, para-educators should have reliable transportation and a flexible schedule, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills and an outgoing personality. They may also be responsible for speaking with parents to inform them of their child’s progress.
Paraeducator (K-12) Tasks
- Assist students with the integration into regular education classroom.
- Assist the teacher with planning and implementation of any type of community based instruction.
- Assist with scoring tests, keeping records and making reports as required by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in the development and implementation of the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Assist the teacher with the designing of instruction and follow through.
Paraeducator Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Paraeducator (K-12)
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Paraeducator (K-12)
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 7 votes.