Payroll Representative Salary
Median pay for Payroll Representatives in the United States lies in the neighborhood of $17.12 per hour. Most receive medical and dental insurance and the greater part get vision insurance. Among survey respondents, women are more common than men; 84 percent of Payroll Representatives are female. Job satisfaction for Payroll Representatives is high. The data in this summary comes from the PayScale salary survey.
Job Description for Payroll Representative
- Enter changes to employee payroll records.
- Communicate with employees regarding changes in salary, benefits, etc.
- Handle voluntary and involuntary deductions.
- Calculate, key, total, and balance substitute payrolls.
- Create reports for information pertaining to payroll.
Payroll Clerk Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Payroll Representative
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Salaries of relatively inexperienced workers fall in the neighborhood of $35K, but folks who have racked up five to 10 years see a notably higher median of $41K. Payroll Representatives bring in $45K after working for 10 to 20 years. Survey participants with more than two decades under their belts actually report earning less than people with less experience; the former take home only $41K on average.