Entry-Level Construction Project Engineers pull down an average of $57K per year. In the world of Entry-Level Construction Project Engineers, overall income ranges from $41K near the bottom to $74K at the top; this can include more than $6K from bonuses and more than $8K from profit sharing in exceptional cases. The majority of Entry-Level Construction Project Engineers claim high levels of job satisfaction. Medical benefits are awarded to almost all, and a fair number earn dental coverage. Men make up the vast majority of Entry-Level Construction Project Engineers (85 percent) who took the survey. The information for this snapshot was generated by responses to the PayScale salary survey.

$43,869 - $71,124
(Median)
$44K
$57K
$71K
MEDIAN: $56,502
10%
50%
90%

Add this chart to your site: 640px    300px

$14.68 - $30.71
(Median)
$15
$19
$31
MEDIAN: $19.00
10%
50%
90%

Add this chart to your site: 640px    300px

National Salary Data (?
XAll compensation data shown are gross 10th to 90th percentile ranges. Take the PayScale Survey to find out how location influences pay for this job.
)
$0$25K$50K$75K
Salary
$43,869 - $71,124  
   
Bonus
$485.64 - $6,162  
Profit Sharing
$-0.49 - $8,384  
Total Pay (?
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).
)
$41,067 - $73,995  
Country: United States | Currency: USD | Updated: 28 Oct 2016 | Individuals Reporting: 492
National Hourly Rate Data (?
XAll compensation data shown are gross 10th to 90th percentile ranges. Take the PayScale Survey to find out how location influences pay for this job.
)
$0$13$26$39
Hourly Rate
$14.68 - $30.71  
   
Overtime
$2.30 - $38.40  
National Annualized Data (?
XAll compensation data shown are gross 10th to 90th percentile ranges. Take the PayScale Survey to find out how location influences pay for this job.
)
$0$26K$52K$78K
Bonus
$485.64 - $6,162  
   
Profit Sharing
$-0.49 - $8,384  
Total Pay (?
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).
)
$41,067 - $73,995  
Country: United States | Currency: USD | Updated: 28 Oct 2016 | Individuals Reporting: 51
United States (change)

Find Out Exactly What You Should Be Paid

United States (change)


Employers: Start Here »

Project Engineer, Construction Job Listings

Search for more jobs:

Pay Difference by Location

National Average: $57,056

Larger city markers indicate a job is popular in that location.

Surpassing the national average by 31 percent, Entry-Level Construction Project Engineers in San Jose receive some of the highest pay in the country. Entry-Level Construction Project Engineers will also find cushy salaries in San Francisco (+22 percent), Portland (+14 percent), New York (+12 percent), and San Diego (+12 percent). Location is a huge contributor to overall pay, with Entry-Level Construction Project Engineers in Raleigh earning a whopping 24 percent below the national average. Employers pay around 21 percent less in Atlanta and 2 percent less in Fort Collins, below-median salaries for those in this field.

United States (change)

Find Out Exactly What You Should Be Paid

United States (change)


Employers: Start Here »

Skills That Affect Project Engineer, Construction Salaries

Contractor Management
up arrow 4%

Job Scheduling
up arrow 3%

Construction Estimating
up arrow 2%

Contract Management
up arrow 2%

autodesk autocad
up arrow 2%

Scheduling
up arrow 2%

Microsoft Office
up arrow 1%

Microsoft Word
up arrow 1%

Project Management
0%

Microsoft Excel
0%

Windows Operating System General Use
0%

National Average
$57,000

Project
up arrow 3%

Matlab
up arrow 3%

AutoDesk
up arrow 4%

AutoCAD
up arrow 5%

Job Satisfaction

Extremely satisfied
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 70 votes.

Gender

Female
15 %
Male
85 %

Common Health Benefits

medical benefits
Medical: 92%
dental benefits
Dental: 79%
medical benefits
Vision: 61%
dental benefits
None: 7%
ADVERTISEMENT