A project manager (unspecified type/general) oversees designated projects for the company. The position requires planning and developing strategy, including defining the goals and timeline for the project(s) they supervise. The project manager coordinates, documents, and assigns tasks for the project team and provide the team with direction and support. Managing the budget, timeline, and resources for the project are also required. The project manager monitors problems, provides solutions, and implements changes as necessary to ensure the project timeline is followed. He or she also regularly reports the progress to the stakeholders. A project manager may report to a senior project manager.
The position usually requires a bachelor's degree, as well as strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Strong leadership ability is required. This position typically requires field work in overseeing projects, and the position typically takes place in an office setting during normal business hours.
Project Manager, (Unspecified Type / General) Tasks
- Manage and communicate ongoing changes in tasks, goals, or performance.
- Participate in client meetings, contract finalization, and development of requirements and specifications.
- Manage project budget to reach revenue, cost, and profit targets.
- Assign resources to projects and project objectives and monitor progress.
- Develop project plans and facilitate resolution of all issues to reach project goals.