Radiologic Technologist Mammogram Salary
The average pay for a Radiologic Technologist Mammogram is $28.45 per hour.
Job Description for Radiologic Technologist Mammogram
A radiologic technologist mammogram is a specialized technician in the field of radiology who assists women in a huge time of stress. You are responsible for actually conducting the scans and tests for women's health and making sure that they are done right. A mammogram is a specialized version of an x-ray meant to detect the early signs of breast cancer. Most women are recommended to have a mammogram yearly. This has created a huge demand, and you will be the one that is performing these scans. It is your job to ensure that they are done correctly and that they have the highest probability of actually finding possible cancer.Read More...
This technologist needs to be currently licensed in mammography or radiology from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or an equivalent. You must also have experience working in a mammography suite with these specific patients. They are often frightened and nervous, and you are expected to have strong interpersonal skills to put them at ease.
You will be expected to work normal business hours, but you rarely have to work overtime. You will be conducting the scans in an independent radiology suite or in a hospital. For the right person who is properly trained and certified, this can be an amazing job, and you are helping women in need on a daily basis.
Radiologic Technologist Mammogram Tasks
- Review and evaluate developed mammograms or other digital breast images for clarity.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Monitor video display of area being scanned and adjust density or contrast to improve picture quality.
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan.
- Operate mammography unit to produce images of the breasts for diagnostic purposes.