Radiology X-Ray Technician Salary
A Radiology X-Ray Technician earns an average wage of $18.15 per hour. People in this job generally don't have more than 20 years' experience.
$25,000 - $92,500
$14.79 - $26.73
|Salary||$25,000 - $92,500|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$30,501 - $61,051|
|Hourly Rate||$14.79 - $26.73|
|Total Pay (||$30,501 - $61,051|
Job Description for Radiology X-Ray Technician
- Use beam-restrictive devices and patient-shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff.
- Process exposed radiographs using film processors or computer generated methods.
- Perform basic general x-rays of the chest, hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, knee, foot or ankle under supervision of physician.
- Explain process and position patient for x-ray; adjusting restriction devices; moving and adjusting equipment to set exposure factors.
- Determine patients' x-ray needs by reading instructions from physician.
Key Stats for Radiology X-Ray Technician