The average pay for a Recruiter is $46,099 per year. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 20 years in this field. Skills that are associated with high pay for this job are Negotiation and Full-Cycle Recruiting.
Job Description for Recruiter
Recruiters work in a variety of fields, with one of the most common positions being a job recruiter. A job recruiter is hired by a particular company to find qualified employees. They often explore popular resume-posting websites and seek out qualified candidates for interviews; many recruiters often travel to job fairs and various events for job seekers. Recruiters may work for a single company or for multiple companies at once as an independent contractor.Read More...
Recruiters must be good at identifying talent and persuading people to interview with a particular company. They must be good judges of character and able to work with multiple departments within their company or companies. A college degree in a relevant field, such as human resources, may be required for recruiting positions.
- Evaluate candidates' strengths compared with clients' requirements, and recommend the best candidates to clients after a detailed screening and skill assessment.
- Stay current on trends, emerging technologies and new and hard to find skill sets.
- Network extensively to find potential candidates and clients.
- Source through internal candidate database as well as professional associations, referrals, and other networking resources.
- Negotiate wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates.
Employment Recruiter Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Employer Salaries for Recruiter
Popular Skills for Recruiter
Pay by Experience Level for Recruiter
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Recruiter
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 745 votes.