Reimbursement Analyst Salary
The average pay for a Reimbursement Analyst is $53,897 per year. Most people move on to other jobs if they have more than 20 years' experience in this field. A skill in Data Analysis is associated with high pay for this job.
Job Description for Reimbursement Analyst
A reimbursement analyst works at a medical facility and is responsible for processing and recording patient information in order to accurately determine the reimbursement amount for which he/she is eligible. Those in this position also ensure that reimbursement procedures adhere to regulations and payers' operating procedures. As such, the main responsibilities of this position revolve around assisting patients in the reimbursement process while researching payer policies; each payer has a different set of regulations the analyst must follow in order to complete the jobs efficiently.Read More...
Analysis of reimbursement data is essential to minimize denials and maximize reimbursements. Therefore, reimbursement analysts work closely with both physicians and patients, as well as other employees in the department. Complex accounting functions will require specialized knowledge, so a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field is highly recommended.
Reimbursement analysts also analyze workloads, determine priorities, assign duties, and oversee work progress in reimbursement-related matters, such as in preparing internal and cost reports. Compliance with regulations is a very important aspect of the job, and confidentiality is a must. Regular work hours and a fixed schedule can be expected, along with sick days and paid holiday time. Travel is generally not required.
Reimbursement Analyst Tasks
- Prepare quarterly progressions which involves reconciliation of third party receivables/payables and analysis of reserves.
- Coordinate resolution of intermediary and state agency audit requests, including obtaining audit documentation from other departments and communicating status to supervisor.
- Calculate monthly third party contractual allowances and analyze results.
- Prepare insurance annual cost reports.
- Maintain relationship with hospital or health services management and work to resolve reimbursement issues.
Reimbursement Analyst Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Reimbursement Analyst
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Reimbursement Analyst
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 22 votes.