Retail Store Manager at Dollar General Corporation Salary

A Retail Store Manager at Dollar General Corporation earns an average salary of $36,855 per year.

$31,823 - $46,657
$32K
$38K
$47K
MEDIAN: $37,888
10%
50%
90%

Add this chart to your site: 640px    300px

$8.09 - $22.30
$8
$11
$22
MEDIAN: $11.48
10%
50%
90%

Add this chart to your site: 640px    300px

$0$50K
Salary $31,823 - $46,657
Bonus $594 - $8,046
Profit Sharing $3,500
Commission $0.00 - $2,980
Total Pay (?
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).
)
$31,254 - $50,015
  • Country: United States
  • Currency: USD
  • Updated: 25 Jul 2017
  • Individuals Reporting: 278
Hourly Data $0$22
Hourly Rate $8.09 - $22.30
Overtime $9.00
Annual Data $0$50K
Bonus $594 - $8,046
Commission $0.00 - $2,980
Profit Sharing $3,500
Total Pay (?
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).
)
$31,254 - $50,015
  • Country: United States
  • Currency: USD
  • Updated: 25 Jul 2017
  • Individuals Reporting: 17

Find Out Exactly What You Should Be Paid

United States (change)

Retail Store Manager Job Listings

Pay by Experience Level for Retail Store Manager

Pay by Experience for a Retail Store Manager has a positive trend. An entry-level Retail Store Manager with less than 5 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $37,000 based on 130 salaries provided by anonymous users. Average total compensation includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay. A Retail Store Manager with mid-career experience which includes employees with 5 to 10 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $38,000 based on 94 salaries. An experienced Retail Store Manager which includes employees with 10 to 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $41,000 based on 90 salaries. A Retail Store Manager with late-career experience which includes employees with greater than 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $39,000 based on 39 salaries.

Dollar General Corporation Reviews

Q: What is it like working as a Retail Store Manager at Dollar General Corporation?

Retail Store Manager in Caledonia:
"Manager of DG."
Pros: I like the people I work with.
Cons: 6day, 55+hr work week. Although store surpasses all sales goals providing over 5% more profit than forecasted it is High stress due to constant and never ending demands faced solely by the Manager due to companies payroll budget not matching needs of sales volume and heavy workload, Zero Supivisory or peer support. Staffing, scheduling, and employee management take 3% of total time. The remaining 97% you do the exact same job as everyone else, running register 25% of your time and stocking 50%. Cleaning, and merchandising 22%.

Retail Store Manager in Caledonia:
"Manager of DG."
Pros: I like the people I work with.
Cons: 6day, 55+hr work week. Although store surpasses all sales goals providing over 5% more profit than forecasted it is High stress due to constant and never ending demands faced solely by the Manager due to companies payroll budget not matching needs of sales volume and heavy workload, Zero Supivisory or peer support. Staffing, scheduling, and employee management take 3% of total time. The remaining 97% you do the exact same job as everyone else, running register 25% of your time and stocking 50%. Cleaning, and merchandising 22%.

Retail Store Manager in Safford:
"Overworked, one day off."
Pros: Custmers.
Cons: No life.

Retail Store Manager in Rapid City:
"Great company."
Pros: Its fun. Love shopping here. Love helping people.
Cons: Employees are very unreliable and the manager has to cover shifts they do not work. People do not like to come in and cover a co workers shift. Too much put on the managers shoulders.

Retail Store Manager in Caseville:
"Good alot on the plate."
Pros: My customers being in a leadership role.
Cons: Working long hours at times one day off a week.

Retail Store Manager in Hammond:
"Too Mmuch hasstle for the small ount small amount of money."
Pros: Flexibility in scheduling.
Cons: Work you to the bone.

Retail Store Manager in Lorain:
"I love it, Hrs could be better."
Pros: People, co workers.
Cons: Not enough hrs for stores.

Key Stats for Retail Store Manager

Gender

Female
69 %
Male
31 %

Job Satisfaction

Highly satisfied
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 69 votes.
Less than 1 year
1%
1-4 years
37%
5-9 years
19%
10-19 years
26%
20 years or more
17%
ADVERTISEMENT
Location:
Years in Fields/Career:
United States (change)

Experience Affects Retail Store Manager Salaries

▲5%

National Average
$39,000

▼1%

▼3%

▼5%

Skills That Affect Retail Store Manager Salaries

Job Satisfaction

Highly satisfied
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 69 votes.

Gender

Female
69 %
Male
31 %

Years of Experience

Less than 1 year
1%
1-4 years
37%
5-9 years
19%
10-19 years
26%
20 years or more
17%

Common Health Benefits

medical benefits
Medical: 69%
dental benefits
Dental: 62%
vision benefits
Vision: 57%
no benefits
None: 30%
ADVERTISEMENT