A SalesForce.com administrator generally looks after a company's SalesForce.com support system, as well as making sure the system is functioning properly. This position requires the employee to monitor and make any required changes to SalesForce.com that will ultimately affect other departments such as sales, marketing, and customer support. The SalesForce.com administrator is also responsible for generating reports on the effectiveness of advertising and marketing efforts. The administrator often works with data and end users, tests and adds any updates to the system, and works with other staff members to incorporate necessary changes.
The administrator usually works in an office, and this job may require a minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field; occasionally, a degree may be substituted for relevant experience. Familiarity with the SalesForce.com website is typically needed, as well as experience in working with various applications of SalesForce.com. The administrator also needs to be familiar with basic office software and may be required to have some knowledge of programming languages such as Java. The administrator needs to be able to present their ideas to other departments and communicate with technical workers, as well as possess an eye for detail. The worker must also be able to multitask and work on several ongoing projects at the same time. The job is most often available either as a full-time position or contract position.
SalesForce.com Administrator Tasks
- Define user needs and work with programmers to deliver custom solutions and smooth data flow.
- Train and support user teams daily and with exceptions, upgrades and problems.
- Design data integrity strategy, including custom fields, triggers and workflows.
- Configure and clean database and data, including ensuring dashboards are accurate.
- Create reports and dashboards to share data across teams.