Senior Associate, Patent Salary
Senior Associate, Patents in the United States can expect to earn an average of $96K annually. Senior Associate, Patents who participated in the survey are largely men, dominating at 67 percent. For the most part, Senior Associate, Patents enjoy their work and report high levels of job satisfaction. Respondents to the PayScale salary survey provided the data for this report.
|Salary||$69,043 - $197,666|
|Total Pay (||$49,665 - $208,388|
Job Description for Senior Associate, Patent
Most of the time, senior associates, patent, work in an office for various organizations. These positions can be related to administrative work of their organization, which often require a bachelor's degree in business or other relevant fields. Alternatively, they are lawyers who work directly with patent laws. For senior patent associates who work directly with patent laws, a Juris Doctor degree and significant experience in patent and copyright issues are often required. They must have good standing with a legal bar association in the United States.Read More...
For senior patent associates who work in administrative capacity, they must provide support to members of the patent group, patent attorneys, and paralegals. They must cooperate with legal staff, peers, and administrators and interact by phone, in person, or via email with the firm's clients and external contacts. They research existing patents and pending patents. Senior patent associates must provide excellent client service by maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
Non-lawyer senior patent associates must be familiar with Microsoft Office and database programs. They must have strong analytical skills and oral and written communication skills. They must have the ability to understand complex and relevant technical and policy issues related to patents. They must understand copyright and patent laws. Some senior patent associates must have experience working with policy makers, government officials, legislators, or regulators. They must have the ability to work in a team- oriented environment. They must maintain confidentiality. They must have exceptional interpersonal skills. They may be required to travel.
Senior Associate, Patent Tasks
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liablility, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
Senior Associate, Patent Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Key Stats for Senior Associate, Patent