Senior Software Engineer Salary
The average pay for a Senior Software Engineer is $106,721 per year. Pay for this job does not change much by experience, with the most experienced earning only a bit more than the least.
Job Description for Senior Software Engineer
A senior software engineer typically has a background in computer science, web development, and/or engineering. A bachelor's degree in any of those fields is generally considered a plus, as is experience working in web development. Some abilities they might have are a strong attention to detail, an ability to multitask, and an ability to work independently and on a team. Senior software engineers usually work in an office. They may work with other people to complete projects, but staying focused and working alone is typical.Read More...
Senior Software Engineer Tasks
- Test and document software for client applications.
- Mentor other employees in development methodologies.
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
- Write code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
Senior Software Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Employer Salaries for Senior Software Engineer
Popular Skills for Senior Software Engineer
Pay by Experience Level for Senior Software Engineer
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Senior Software Engineer Reviews
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Senior Software Engineer
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 1510 votes.